The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) established the Education Management Information System (EMIS) in 1989 to serve as the statewide collection system for Ohio’s education. EMIS has four primary functions:
- State and federal reporting
- Funding and distribution of payments
- Academic accountability system
- Generation of statewide and district reports.
As part of our core service offerings, META provides our members with the knowledge, tools and expertise they need to report accurate and timely EMIS data to ODE and the Office of Civil Rights.
In an effort to provide quality service to our districts, we would like to remind you of the numerous ways that our staff can be reached. If you have any questions, concerns, issues, etc. please contact us at any time; We’re here to help you! We want to make this process as seamless as possible, and thus we offer the following ways to get in contact with us.
How to Contact EMIS Support
Submit a Ticket Via Email
Automatically generate a Help Desk Ticket via Email.
View the META Support Staff Contacts for this Department.
Password Reset Tool
Allows users to reset password when receiving a “cannot authenticate” message when logging into Data Collector / CrossCheck.
This tool is for META-DISTRICTS active directory accounts as well as ProgressBook users.
For additional information, please refer to Instructions for Use
Resolving Data Collector Access or Functionality Issues
- If you can get to the data collector log in screen but can’t log in. (you might get a message that it cannot authenticate your username).
- If you try to get to a data collector but can’t get to the log in screen, the the data collector is most likely down.
- Send an email to email@example.com and include the name of the data collector you are trying to access (Athens, Columbus, Dayton, Marion, or Piketon) and we will investigate.
- If the data sources disappear
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the data collector you are trying to access (Athens, Columbus, Dayton, Marion, or Piketon).
- If your Staff and Course SIF connection to USPS won’t complete.
- First try cancelling the collection, wait for 15 minutes, then start it again.
- If this doesn’t work, send an email to email@example.com and we will investigate.
Check back soon for more events.
All META Events
Please review the documents below for information about account authorization.
Includes Internal Link to CrossCheck
META EMIS Secure Documents
Reminder: These documents require a registered account to access
Request Access to Secure Documents
OH|ID Sites and Applications
(ODDEX, OEDS, SDC, etc.)
ODE Educational Directory (OEDS)
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) established the Education Management Information System (EMIS) in 1989 to serve as the statewide collection system for Ohio’s education. EMIS has four primary functions: 1) state and federal reporting, 2) funding and distribution of payments, 3) academic accountability system and 4) generation of statewide and district reports.
As part of our core service offerings, META provides our members with the knowledge, tools and expertise they need to report accurate and timely EMIS data to ODE and the Office of Civil Rights. Our EMIS core services include:
- Helpdesk: Our Salesforce ticketing system is available 24/7 for any questions that arise!
- Training & Communication:
- Workshops: These informative training sessions are open to all member district staff and are scheduled by META.
- Workdays: More personalized than workshops, workdays are informative coaching sessions in which member district EMIS staff are able to get hands-on support from META’s team.
- Standing Meetings: These events are targeted to help members prepare, validate and report data to EMIS. Attendees receive step sheets and other relevant documentation created by META.
- Updates: META provides relevant and timely updates regarding EMIS reporting. Updates are provided on a regular basis via an established mailing list.
- Report Creation: META creates customized reports based on our members’ needs. Member-specific customizations can be secured through META’s EMIS Extended Support.
- Monitor Required Reporting: META continuously monitors EMIS reporting requirements in order to keep members informed and compliant.
- Additional EMIS Services Are Available: EMIS EXTENDED SUPPORT